Jesús Victoriano López Vega
He is a self-taught artist, who was born in Ajijic, Jalisco, Mexico in 1962.
He was one of the inspired children whose artistic career began at an early age, like his contemporaries. He started painting at school at the Children's Library in Ajijic which was established by the writer and benefactor James Neill Campbell.
Co-existence with the indigenous community and the folk traditions of the Mexican people have bequeathed to him a rich and varied source of inspiration, emboding in his works a mysticism and a magical realism.
He handles different techniques as well as graphics and sculpture.
He is a member of and collaborates as a volunteer instructor since 1994 at the Children's Art Program at the facilities of the Lake Chapala Society (LCS). He is a co-founder of the Centro Cultural de Ajijic.
He has participated in group exhibitions at home and abroad.
Among the most prominent are:
SELECTED WORKS FROM PRIVATE COLLECTIONS:
- 1980 "Colors of Mexico" - B. Franklin High School - Los Angeles, CA, USA
- 1992 Continuation of Culture - IRS: Wyatt Green Federal Building - Portland, OR, USA
- 1993 "We Speak" - Fire Department Hall - Portland, OR, USA
- 1993 "Ajijic Vive" - Open INBA - San Miguel De Allende, Guanajuato
- 1996 "Mysticism and Magic" - CABA Ajijic Centro de Bellas Artes
- 2003 Expopinturas 2003 - Mexican tradition, Institute Cultural Cabaņas
- 2003 to 2008 Exhibition at Gallery One - Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco
- 2005 "The Latest Rage" - Mission Cultural Center for Latino Arts - San Francisco, CA, USA
- 2006 "Artists of the West Bank" - Opening Inauguration of the Cultural Center Gonzales Gallo, a former railroad station Chapala, Jalisco
- 2007 "Dream Images" - Room II Cultural Center in Ajijic, Jalisco
- 2008 "Dreamlike Images of Time" - Forum on Arts and Culture, Ministry of Culture - Guadalajara, Jalisco
- 2008 "Mysticism and Magic" - Room II Centro Cultural de Ajijic, Jalisco
- "Man and His Cultures" - Visual Chronicle of Portland, Metropolitan Arts Commission
- "Angels of Mixed Races" - Valentine Driessen - Ghent, Belgium
- "Black Dog" - Mission Cultural - Center for Latino Arts - San Francisco, CA, USA
- 1978 "Giano Gladiators" - Giano Junior High School - Los Angeles, CA, USA
- 1985 "The Transformation of a Lake" - High School - Chapala, Jalisco
- 1993 "The Fusion of Mixed Races" - Hispanic Cultural Center - Corvallis, OR, USA
- 2005 "Education and Culture" - Saul Piņa Rodiles Elementary School - Ajijic, Jalisco
- 2008 - 2009 "The Birth of Teo michicihualli" - Centro Cultural de Ajijic